SWISSS pro and high-end audiophile equipment brand Nagra celebrates its 70th anniversary this year, and to mark the event, the company is offering its first ever… wait for it… turntable!
“The new Nagra HD turntable is designed and precision-built in Switzerland with no compromises. Packed with innovation for smoother movement and isolation that puts you right in the studio with the musicians in a way never experienced before, it is built like a Swiss watch to the most exacting standards,” Nagra informs us.
“Not only pleasing to the ears, it is also a beautiful object and a testimony to Nagra’s mechanical expertise and dedication to pure sound.”
The HD turntable, among other things, features:
- An aerospace Exium / acrylic platter for a very low resonance and high density, providing maximum inertia.
- Dual motor belt-drive for low flutter.
- Suspended chassis with a self-resonance below 3Hz, way below the cartridge bandwidth.
- Super-capacitor power supply for very low noise and speed stability.
- Automatic speed correction for 33 1/3rpm and 45rpm.
- Pitch control for correcting playback speed.
- Chassis and sub-chassis with layered construction for low resonance and high rigidity to prevent any sound coloration from the mechanical parts.
- Dual geometry adjustment for perfect balance.
- Oversized steel and bronze precision main bearing.
That’s all the information we can give you for now… wait until September/October for more details, when Nagra officially launches the HD turntable.