CH Precision continues to expand its range of digital products with the C1.2 DAC/controller, in the wake of the D1.5 CD/SACD player/transport. The C1.2 replaces the C1, and if you already have the older model, you can upgrade it to the current iteration at a small price.
The C1.2 represents a roots-and-branch re-engineering of the digital signal path while maintaining the elegant form factor and functionality of the C1. The updates for this model include:
– An increase in processing power by four-fold
– All-new thermally compensated and shunt regulated master clock with increased accuracy and reduced timing error.
– Increased local regulation with sophisticated power-management to reduce\ the digital noise floor.
– Fully updated MQA-compliant input compatibility for disc and file replay.
– Bypass-able hybrid digital/analogue volume control.
Users can buy only the inputs they need because the C1.2 has the same configurable input topology and expandable system capability allowing users to add external power supplies, a T1 time reference master clock or even upgrade the C1 to a true three-box, dual-monaural DAC form. The C1.2 also has the capacity to accept/switch analogue inputs, making it a true system controller.
C1.2 (with one HD digital input card) – €32,850 / US$36,000
C1.2 Mono (one HD digital input card) – €70,350 / US$77,000
C1/C1 Mono upgrade to C1.2 – €4,000 / US$4,000
(The C1 to C1.2 upgrade is a distributor or factory installed kit.)
Additional I/O options:
Ethernet input HD card – €5,800 / US$6,000
USB input card – €2,750 / US$3,000
Analogue input card (one pair RCA, one pair XLR) – €2,350 / US$2,500
Sync-IO card – €1,350 / US$1,500
Leave a Reply